National hospitality brand the Cairn Group appointed Tiger Bam Communications to assist with the launch of their first bar and eatery in Birmingham, The Lobby on Hill Street. The Lobby On Hill Street is a quirky addition to Birmingham’s thriving nightlife scene and is located opposite Grand Central Station. The relaxed venue is decked out with eclectic interior and quirky decor with an easy-going kind of vibe suitable for all occasions; the offering includes a Starbucks concession, authentic street food menu and VIP booths.
Tiger Bam were challenged to launch the venue into the market with an ‘all singing and all dancing’ VIP launch party, preluded by an exclusive Press & Blogger soft launch.
- Tiger Bam assisted with art direction and shaping the brand concept pre-launch, including colour schemes; copywriting and positioning of the brand
- Tiger Bam developed the concept of ‘The Loberatti’ to describe the brand’s loyal followers. Online audiences were invited to ‘Join the Loberatti’ in the run up to the event and the hashtag #Loberatti was used throughout the campaign
- Over 30 food bloggers and members of the press and food bloggers attended an exclusive soft launch. This secured coverage in a variety of influential publications including Big Hospitality, Birmingham Mail, I Choose Birmingham and Bab Mag
- Tiger Bam developed the concept for the VIP Launch Party: Great Gatsby meets Mad Hatters Tea Party
- Special VIP’s were sent a scroll invitation in the post and shared their delight via Twitter and Instagram
- Party highlights included a Great Gatsby inspired ‘map’ where guests were invited to check into each ‘zone’ of the venue to explore and discover weird and wacky activities; Glitterati make-up provided to all guests; Magic Mirror; Vintage Shoe Shine for the gents; Live Jazz band; cocktails and canapes throughout the night
- Over 250 VIP guests attended the launch party
- Tiger Bam assisted with full event management, from concepts right through to the logistical side of booking artists, photographers and event staff
- The launch received a vast amount of positive press coverage most notably covering surprise A List DJ Craig Charles’ appearance and the brass band flash mob
- Tiger Bam handled the social media accounts in the run up to the launch party and reached over 1000 followers
Following the success of the launch party, Tiger Bam were contracted to continue working with Lobby on Hill Street to continue the momentum of the event. During this time Tiger Bam helped to raise the brand’s profile to new levels, handled all media relations, creative communication and negotiated partnerships with Uber, Yelp and Birmingham Conservatoire. The term ‘Lobberati’ became a crucial part of the brand and the venue is regularly featured in regional press.
Lobby on Hill Street